Saturday, March 12, 2011

New game means new Waifu.

In all honesty, this won't be much of a review, mostly just my obsession over a character in a game I just started playing.

So with the release of this game, my heart has been set in to an array of unknowing considering the fact that I now feel like I have a new Waifu competing with my other two. (The reason I have two others is because I feel as though I could never choose.) And honestly, adding a third on to these other two makes me feel as if I am a horrible fan that simply can't choose just one character to love.

The first two are from a game and anime that I will be reviewing in the near future. (I dare not skip the two because I loved them oh so very much.) These two happen to be Clover from "9 hours, 9 persons, 9 doors" and the other, Rin from "Mnemosyne". Images of them can be viewed below:
The odd thing about this is that actually I am a megane lover. I absolutely adore glasses girls. The fact that I fell in love with Rin makes sense ( plus she is absolutely amazing in Mnemosyne) but the fact that I liked Clover so much went far beyond the fact that she doesn't have glasses. Glasses are one of those things that instantly I feel drawn to the character because usually I like the characteristics that go with those types of characters. However, Clover's character is such a unique design, the entire time I was playing "999" I was obsessing over her. Her personality and character design were just to die for and I instantly fell in love! And that is how my second waifu came to be.
However, a person of competition came along when I went and purchased the new Pokemon game on its release day. When I began playing, I found myself instantly falling in love with one of the childhood friends/rivals of your character, Bianca. (referred to as Bel in the Japanese version)

My goodness she is just the absolute radiation of adorableness. I just want to spend forever with her. I find myself "hnnnng~"-ing over all of her actions and everything she says. I am not sure what it is really, but I find her simply such a loveable character. Perhaps it is her clumsiness or lack of organization, but I can't deny that I love her to bits.

On another note, I heard that you can create relationships in this game with any of your rivals. This makes it even more difficult. You get the choice between N, Cheren, or Bianca and I feel torn. N is just so cool, and he and Touko make the absolute cutest couple in my opinion, but I absolutely love Cheren's attitude (and the fact he is a glasses boy makes it better!) but Bianca...Since I fell in love with her, she make the choice oh-so-much more difficult! When I get to that part of the game, I am not sure what I will do.

Regarding actually reviewing the game, it is pretty good so far. I like all of the characters and the new region is pretty nicely developed. The 3D setting is only obvious at some parts, but it is not as amazingly done as the trailers for the game intend it to be. Some parts are just mind boggling in it, but some are pretty average and bland.

The game play itself is pretty okay, the only objection I have is that I feel the battles are too slow. The set up of the screen is alright in battle mode (I preferred the one in HGSS) and the graphics are good. They do this nice little pan thing when ever you go idle and the pokemon have nice little animations to them.

I can say that Pokemon has really developed their graphics. A few things I truly dislike involve that all the bodies of the people look awkwardly elongated. I don't much care for the Pokemarts now being in the Pokecenters. I also hate the opening sequence. The first section that is beautifully drawn is very nice, but the part afterwards in which it actually plays the starting music and shows a bit of game play is absolutely awful though.

Also, all of the pokemon you run in to in the other games when you first start out, have essentially been remade in to different looking but very similar to the pokemon. All in all, they still are useless.

All in all, from what I have played, the game is good. All of the die hard pokemon fans would probably enjoy this as well as the fans just starting out.

Also, if you need a few laughs, I strongly recommend this comic that is a huge parody of Black and White. It goes mostly by their Japanese names, but it should be easy to figure out. However, I was laughing the entire time:  Black Adventures Comic

I also doodled this little avatar of Bianca for me to use on various occasions if need be as well as the fact I keep obsessively doodling Bianca in class:

No comments:

Post a Comment