Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Does anyone in this anime actually wear pants?


The answer is pretty much no. (Unless you are a man.) But in other words, I am sorry I have neglected this blog lately. I have been trying to catch up on my anime. But, I can happily say that I completed this anime and I adored it~I mean, normally a bunch of cute girls with guns is very clichée...but in this case I could not stop watching Strike Witches.

To start off, this anime is a good combination of WWII, multiple countries (for all you Hetalia fans), aliens, animal ears, pantsu, ecchi, moe, and guns. Pretty much everything that a fan could dream about, haha. However, despite its very popular themes, this anime actually made for a very good story.

This anime takes place between 1944 and 1945 and it centers around these creatures that have invaded the Earth. They are called "Neuroi" and it is the "witches" job to eliminate them. These "witches" are simply girls who happen to possess some sort of magical power. (In some cases it is healing, super strength, etc.) They use these devices called "striker units" to fly and defeat these Neuroi with guns.

The story starts with a young Japanese girl named Yoshika Miyafuji, who happens to be a middle school student. She one day receives a letter from her father. (who was presumed dead and the inventor of the striker units) After receiving this letter, she feels obligated to leave with a military ship and head off to Britania to see if she can find out more.



Initially, Yoshika is very anti-war and refuses to fight against the neuroi but offers her assistance in any other way. (Such as cleaning and cooking for everyone.) However, she soon realizes that she wants to protect everyone and joins the 501st Joint Fighter Wing in the military. (Also known as the "Strike Witches") Here, she is sent to train (but continue cooking and cleaning duties) to become a better witch and harness her magical powers.

The funny thing about the witches is that they are all young girls. Although you can still maintain magical powers when you are older, they tend to weaken and make you unfit for battle. Something such as this actually causes a lot of controversy in the anime. For instance, when you start to become an adult, your witch powers have already reached their peak. So imagine this, the anime already contained all of these other elements...but now you have a bunch of young girls running around between the ages of about 13 to 20.

And not to sound like a pervert, but I kid you not when I say this. I made this face the entire time:

There is soooo much 'dat ass in this anime. So, I am guessing the artist must REALLY love to draw butts.

But on a different note: Strike witches is actually a very good series. The plot is good, the ending is very sweet, there is some humor in there as well as suspense and drama, and I would recommend it to anyone who is willing to deal with so many butt shots....which I am sure many will.

The only thing that irritates me is that the movie wont be coming out until 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment