Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Nami Tamaki Rant (Segment One)



This will be completed in installments, spreading my rage, sorrow, and joy throughout an even posting schedule. More or so, I simply can't continuously keep typing a long rant for a continuous amount of time since I do have other life activities that I partake in aside form blogging.

What is different about this is that I probably will rarely ever mention music in here. (That was a lie. You may see a lot of Japanese and Korean music tangents in here.) I will try and obstain from it though since I know describing a musician can get a bit boring. However, I felt the need to rant about this issue.

Personally, I adore Nami Tamaki to a high level. Ever since the summer of 2005, I have actively listened to music of hers on Youtube and watched all of her PVs. I even managed to get a hold of her CD, "Greeting" when I was at an anime convention early 2008. She never was incredibly pretty in the beginning to me, although now that I think of it, she actually was pretty in some of her videos, just not all the time, and now I have noticed she grew in to quite an adorable and gorgeous young woman. I always felt she had the potential to be very beautiful.

Nami is well known for her amazing dancing and it was actually the way she was discovered and what she is best known for. In 2001, she auditioned for Sony Music while singing and dancing to Destiny's Child's song, "Survivor." Ever since 2002, her career has flourished and she has become a pop queen in Japan.
She produced hit after hit and even sang for anime's such as the Gundam series and D.Gray Man. These songs included "Reason", "Realize", "Brightdown" and others. She even sang a song for the Japanese version of High School Musical in which she performed a cover of "You are the music in me."

Ever since I listened to the song, "Prayer" back in 2005, I have loved this girl's music and her dancing. I often found myself running around my house, imitating her movements and singing her songs. Nami's music is catchy, something easy to dance to, and altogether awesome sounding.

However, Nami recently shattered my soul.

I suppose it was the switching of record labels from "Sony" to "Universal Japan." I noticed just before she left Sony, she was getting pretty skinny, and I feared she may have had a problem, but then I pushed it aside when I saw that even her first two PVs with Universal J, she was still thin in "Give me Up" and "Friends!".

This is when I began to feel a bit skeptical of Nami.

In "Give me Up", I noticed that she was wearing a belly shirt, which I was okay with. This was a common thing that you would see in her videos considering they wanted to use full advantages with her dancing and her slender body. In "Friends!" I thought, "Oh, she looks so cute...this is okay. This is the image that she should stick with, it works for her." And I was okay with it. However in her next video, "Omoide ni naru no?" I thought, "That is okay...every artist has their more serious song. This is good for her, she hasn't had one like this for a while." But by the time "Missing You, TTL" came out, I was in a fit.

It wasn't the fact that is was a cover of T-ara Supernova's song, "Time to Love", I even thought it sounded excellent. It was the way she dressed! I was so shocked and I was thinking, "Nami, you can't be like that! That is not you!" and I practically had a panic attack.

I presumed something like this was coming though when I saw her Facebook photos a few weeks prior. If I ever was given the ability to faint, I would have done so right there. Her image is completely changes and she was posing nude and in underwear. I don't know if they are trying to be sensual or sexy, but as a fan, I hate it.

I want my old Nami back.



(To be continued.)

No comments:

Post a Comment