Monday, May 23, 2011

Apparently you can get woozy from being too nerdy. I learned that recently.

So I just got back from a quick trip to California just yesterday, and it only reminds me as to how I envy the people of California. Originally, I was born there, but I moved when I was a small child to the South were it is nothing but heat and hicks and I despise it. In California however, it is like paradise. (Aside from the suck economy that makes it impossible to afford housing as well as all dem Earth quakes.)

This thing, however, was the first thing that I was swooned over. It's called the "Light Rail" and it is a transport system in California. From the hotel I was in, I saw this thing zoom by on multiple occasions on this bridge that was next to the hotel. I would look out the window and just moan in how cool it was, but how sad I was that we didn't have one where I live.

So you know, I live in a small town that has no bus systems, train transportation, or even taxis really. If you want to get a taxi, you have to call it in from another town. This being so, when I see a passenger train speed through our town, it's like the coolest thing ever. Also, every time I go to a town with some train-based transport system, I feel so much envy. (In example, when I go to New York from time to time, I groan at the fact we lack a subway.)

Not to mention, I was mostly envious because I wanted to take a train places like they do in animes. I just kept thinking of how cool that must be and I wanted it so badly. In example, I could be like the kids in Ore No Imouto ga:


On another note. I envy all of the cute/anime stores that are in the malls of California. There was a mall within walking distance (like right across the street) from my hotel. I ended up going there and searching around the stores. I had to keep myself from nerdgasming too much. I ran into so many stores with cute products and anime products that I was about to die. I had to keep myself from spending too much, so I just bought a small trinket in each store. 

I ended up getting a Pokeball that had stickers and erasers inside, A My Neighbor Totoro Lanyard, a small coin purse in the shape of a Bunny, a small zipper bag for my camera with a bear on it, some headphones with pandas for ear buds, a cell phone charm of a bunny, and a Shugo Chara notebook for one of my friends.


Did you know they even had Pokemon crane machines? I tried to get a squirtle but failed...

Otherwise, these stores had everything from figurines to wall scrolls to body pillows to watches to bags to hats and so much more! The only thing I didn't find was cosplays...but that was about it. But when I left the mall, I was dizzy and almost fell over.

Speaking of cosplays, I pretty much have my Touko cosplay done. This being so, I wore it into the airport when I was coming home. Then, while I was standing in the body scanner, I noticed an airport security guy looking at me weird. When I walked over to get my items, he walked up to me and I was scared for my life. I thought there was something against the code in my bag like a bottle of water I forgot and I was going to get in trouble.


Turns out, the guy wanted to know if I was going to an anime convention. I chuckled. It was awesome. This being so, I had a quick conversation with the airport security guy about anime conventions and pokemon. Then, he complimented me on my cosplay and said that it was very convincing and I went to catch my plane. My family thought he was flirting with me. Haha.

But otherwise, I got some San Francisco sourdough bread, and I got to enjoy California once more. I love that place. It is beautiful and has great weather. I nearly cried when I stepped out of my plane and felt heat and humidity.

Oh! But here are some pictures from the trip:





















ENVY.

No comments:

Post a Comment