Wednesday, May 11, 2011

My tests can't be over! (Ohoho~ but they are!)

 
 "Ore no Imouto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai" is a title that I am never going to remember fully. Seriously, I just have wikipedia opened so I can actually remember the whole phrase. More commonly, I refer to this, as well as the rest of the internet as "Ore no" and that is about it. Which doesn't really translate into very much considering the whole translation of the show is (literally), "My Little Sister Can't Be This Cute". This being so, I was initially turned away from watching the series, but it turns out the title has nothing to do with what I presumed and actually centers around a boy who's little sister is obsessed with eroge games based off of little sisters simply because she finds them so cute and has always wanted one.

The title is completely misleading and I am very glad about that.


This anime actually came to my attention due to the numerous number of suggestions I was receiving to watch it. Since it was newly airing and hadn't finished at the time, I figured I might as well give it a shot since people kept telling me that it dappled in the concept of "the Otaku lifestyle." I personally for one am not an otaku, but animes centered around it seem entertaining to me for some reason.

As I have probably mentioned somewhere before, (most likely in my Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu Review) being an otaku and liking anime in Japan is apparently very similar to being a geek, nerd, whatever you wish to call it, in America. This being so, it is looked down upon and often leads to ridicule.


In "Ore no", Kyosuke Kosaka's little sister, Kirino, happens to love buying eroge games as well as the fact that she is obsessed with the anime, "Stardust Witch Meruru". This being so, she hides the secret in order to still remain popular with her friends considering she is in sports, models, and does a variety of other things that make her insanely popular amongst everyone. However, she one day places confidence in her brother and tells him all about her obsession and how she has been hiding it for years. He is forced then to keep the secret and help her further her otaku lifestyle. Over time, Kirino reaches out and starts making otaku friends in which she can share her interests with and eventually tells one of her real friends which causes a lot of turmoil amongst all of her relationships throughout the series.

And this is a big thing I noticed in the series. People can be far too judgmental to one another for their little flaws. Kirino's best friend, Ayase, has known her since she was little. However, when Ayase discovers Kirino's hobby, she instantly feels disgusted by her and believes that her friend will eventually become a criminal. Just because of this one attribute about her friend, their relationship takes an incredibly hard hit and their friendship almost dies because of it.


It's the things like this that are ridiculous, but it gives a very modern example. Things such as this occur all the time in the real world, and "Ore no" gives an excellent example of it as to whether or not it was intended. Look at that, anime is teaching us life lessons. (Whether we think it or not! Example 1 Example 2 )



But back onto the actual anime, it's actually pretty humorous. Aside from seeing some of the relationships fall apart that make you sad, you get to see some funny moments. In example, Kirino is incredibly tsundere, which causes her to display some hilarious behaviors when she has her brother complex. (Which she denies to have, but it is clearly obvious.)

Also, the music in here is pretty nice too. This anime is one of the ones that uses a different ending every time, so all of the music varies and it is very nice to see the variety in it.


Either way, if you are a nerd and you like anime or just simply feel entertained by the otaku lifestyle, you should definitely watch, "Ore no Imouto ga"...I don't remember the rest of the title.

On another note: Testing is done~ I have nothing left to live for in school and I can officially claim myself as finished with my schooling year. (I don't count finals as part of it since I don't need to take any~)



This being so: Here comes my anime binging that I promised as well as serious devotion to cosplay making.
Progress:
- Touko from Pokemon - 1/2 complete
- Nino from Arakawa Under the Bridge - I got the wig...that's it.
- Clover from 999 - ...I have my hair style ready and the leg warmers...that's about it.
These will all be done (hopefully) by the con I am going to in August. TIME FOR SOME DEVOTION.

No comments:

Post a Comment